MySQL Connector is JDBC implementation for communicating with MySQL.
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
- Java: 1.7
- MySQL: 5.5
- Go to the MySQL Drivers page.
- Click Download link next to "JDBC Driver for MySQL (Connector/J)".
- You can download Connector/J package either the compressed TAR archive or ZIP archive. Here I will show only the ZIP archive.
- After download, save the zip file in the C:\Temp.
- Extract ZIP file using any Zip file extractor tool such as 7-Zip, WinZip.
- In my case, I save the output folder in "C:\MySQL Related\mysql-connector-java-version"
Configuring Driver & Connector/J CLASSPATH
- Once you extract and save the output files in specific folder (see Installing Connector/J section), you set the CLASSPATH using environment variable or using -cp command.
- Using Environment Variable:
- Right click My Computer, click properties.
- Click the advanced tab.
- Click the Environment Variables button at the bottom of the tab.
- Under user variables, add a new variable named "CLASSPATH".
- Set "CLASSPATH" to "C:\Folder Path\mysql-connectorjava-
- version-bin.jar" and click "OK".
- Click "OK" in "Environment Variables" and "System Properties" windows.