Windows environment contains hundred different counters. However, following below main counters one can get good picture of the system:
- Pages/sec: Detects the Pages/sec swap rate. The pages/sec rate is the speed at which the pages are read from or written to the disk when resolving hardware page faults. A hardware page fault occurs when a process has to access code on a physical disk because it cannot be accessed in the memory.
- Available Megabytes: Indicates how much physical memory remains after the working sets of running processes and the cache have been served.
- Processor Time \%: CPU activity in percentage.
- Processor Queue Length: This counter displays the number of threads waiting to be executed in the queue that is shared by all processors on the system.
- Disk Time \%: Percentage of elapsed time spent by the selected physical disk drive executing read or write requests.
- Packets/sec.: Rate at which packets are sent and received on the network interface.